FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – RPA ANNUAL PERFORMANCE
“BE THE STAR THAT YOU ARE 2016” (as at 21st April 2016 – regularly updated)
- What is the title of the performance?
- When and where the performances and technical rehearsals are?
- Who is performing when?
- Additional performance opportunities (parent & child, cup song)
- Ticket information (where to buy, how much they cost, can I reserve seats, wheelchair users)
- Costume requirements
- Helpers (tech, set up and on day).
- Is my child performing?
- DVD’s photographs and permissions.
- Refreshments, raffle, etc.
- How much does it cost to perform?
- Does my child need to bring a packed lunch?
- Is there anything else I need to bring on the performance day?
- My child is Year 6. Will they be doing anything additional on the performance day
- How do I pay?
- Where can I find the songs they need to practise?
- Where to find further information (website, teacher, office)
- Checklist – everything covered?
- Easy check calendar.
- Summary of possible costs.
1) OUR PERFORMANCE IS CALLED “BE THE STAR THAT YOU ARE 2016“.
We have the same title every year because it is an expression of Revolution Performing Arts’ ethos and reflects us entirely.
2) THE PERFORMANCE FOR SWINDON RPA ARE ON SATURDAY 16TH JULY – 3pm.
THE TECHNICAL REHEARSALS FOR SWINDON RPA ARE ON SATURDAY 16TH JULY – 11.30am
We are delighted to announce, following the responses from our survey, our performances for the forthcoming year for Swindon RPA will be held at St Joseph’s Catholic College, Swindon. We have chosen St Joseph’s because we have been using their fantastic, huge stage at our annual performances for the past two years; their production qualities are amazing, the space is very versatile and there is ample free parking. Furthermore, each show will involve less schools and be shorter.
St Joseph’s Catholic College, Ocotal Way, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3LR
3) YOU ARE PERFORMING IN ONE OF THE SHOWS.
16TH JULY 2016:
Shaw All Stars
Oliver Tomkins Infants & Juniors
St Francis Infants & Juniors
Rapport & Year 6
Father & Child Project
4) ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES.
We will be creating and performing our parent and child dance again four our Swindon performers. The date for learning this dance will be just one day at Oakhurst School, 11 – 4, – Sunday 9th July. This time we have a little twist. We are dancing to “Dance with My Father Again” so we are asking for DADS to dance with their children and also we would like GRANDADS to be involved too!
This is an amazing opportunity for Dads and Grampy’s to perform with their child. I make the choreography very pedestrian (natural every day movement), so no-one ever feels uncomfortable or awkward. This is more of an opportunity for you to share an experience with your child and no, you don’t have to lift your child up in the choreography as we have a large age range of children performing.
5) TICKET INFORMATION AND ACCESS REQUIREMENTS
As we have reduced the numbers of children performing and the size of the audience, the costs will remain at £7 per child to perform and the ticket prices will be £10 per adult, £8 per older person and £5 per child. There will be a family ticket of 2 adults and up to 3 children of £25.
If you are a wheelchair user, please do let me know and I will make arrangements to ensure easy parking and accessibility.
There is ample free parking.
7) COSTUME REQUIREMENTS
Costume to perform at “Be The Star That You Are 2015″ is your RPA t shirt. You can order one via our website. Please don’t attempt to make up one of your own. This is the only costume I ask you to purchase (if you don’t already have one). The rest of your costume can be what ever you like on your lower half but no heels please (I don’t fancy a trip to A&E with a broken ankle!). Please don’t leave ordering your t shirt until the last minute otherwise my poor printer will have heart failure! It will be very warm in the hall. Please bear this in mind when considering what to wear.
My lovely Rapport group (my secondary school performers) will be there to be my right hand on the day to help. We would also love and parent helpers to come and help me. You the guarantee of a front row seat and you won’t miss your child performing.
9) IS MY CHILD PERFORMING? WHAT IF MY CHILD DOESN’T WANT TO PERFORM?
The short answer to this is yes your child is performing but we will never pressurize your child to perform. If they are not sure, it is ok for them to go along with me all the way until they actually step on stage to perform and if they decide at the very last minute not to perform, it is ok. Generally speaking, all the children want to perform. However, I offer them the get out, just in case.
What is not acceptable is if a child decides they can’t be bothered to come along on the day (unfortunately this has happened). Shyness and lack of confidence I completely embrace. Disrespect to fellow performers I do not accept.
You do need to confirm with your RPA teacher that your child is intending/wanting to perform though (asap), just so we can plan our choreography. If you haven’t done it yet, please do it now.
If your child is not able to perform at Be The Star That You Are (BTSTYA) as they are not available that weekend, then don’t worry, they will still be fully involved in sessions. It is not a reason not to send them to our weekly sessions, please rest assured.
10) DVDs and PHOTOGRAPHS
No photographs are allowed to be taken during the performance as we have children who are protected under child protection and safeguarding services. We are not having a DVD this year as the numbers are too restrictive. Just come along and enjoy the show.
By confirming your child wants to perform, you are giving permission for them to be photographed by us this year
11) REFRESHMENTS, RAFFLE, ETC.
As in previous years, we will be holding a raffle for our charity Phoenix – Hope 4 Forgotten Futures which supports performing arts for children affected by domestic abuse. If you would like to contribute to our raffle, I would be very grateful.
Also, we will be serving Cirencester’s very own, Rave coffee. They serve awesome freshly roasted coffee, yum, yum! It keeps me fuelled!
12) HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO PERFORM?
There is a cost to perform. The performance fee is £7 per child. This helps us pay for all the costs associated with our performance. I hope you will consider this excellent value for money compared to performance opportunities offered by other organisations.
13) DOES MY CHILD NEED TO BRING A PACKED LUNCH?
Yes, due to the timings of the technical rehearsals and performances, a packed lunch will be required. We will also provide plenty of biscuits and drinks to keep the children fuelled. Do let me know of any allergies.
14) IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO BRING ON THE PERFORMANCE DAY?
Yes, could you please bring a named cushion or pillow for your child to sit on. They will be sitting in front of the stage during the performances as the children get to watch each other.
15) MY CHILD IS IN YEAR 6. ARE THEY DOING ANYTHING ADDITIONAL ON THE DAY?
Yes, Year 6’s have been invited to join Rapport (our secondary school performers) in a joint dance piece in preparation for Year 6’s to try out/join Rapport in Year 7 (if they choose). They should have all received a personal invitation from me, if you haven’t received one, please let me know.
16) HOW DO I PAY?
To buy tickets, pay the performance fee or pay for additional performance opportunities, please go to our website //revolutionpa.co.uk/pay/be-the-star-you-are-2016/
17) WHERE CAN I FIND THE SONGS THEY NEED TO PRACTISE?
You can practise by logging onto You Tube and typing in the name of the song and the word karaoke. This should bring up the lyrics. Please use your parental discretion when on You Tube.
18) WHERE DO I FIND FURTHER INFORMATION?
For further information or if you have further questions, email email@example.com, text Paul on 07722 054528 or ask your RPA teacher.
19) CHECKLIST – OK, WANT TO FEEL YOU’VE COVERED EVERYTHING…
- Have you confirmed with your teacher that your child is performing?
- Have you diaried the performance day and time?
- Have you paid your performance fee?
- Have you bought your tickets?
- Have you (very generously, if you wanted to), contributed something for the raffle?
- Do you know where St Joseph’s is?
- Do you have a RPA t shirt? Does it fit? Need to order one/new one?
- Have you packed a named cushion/pillow for the day.
20) EASY CHECK CALENDAR…
- Thursday 2nd June 2016 (7.00 – 8.30) – Y6 & Rapport rehearsal at Commonweal School (if applies)
- Thursday 9th June 2016 (7.00 – 8.30) – Y6 & Rapport rehearsal at Commonweal School (if applies)
- Thursday 7th July 2016 (7.00 – 8.30) – Y6 & Rapport rehearsal at Commonweal School (if applies)
- Saturday 9th July 2016 (11.00 – 4.00) – Father & Child (July performers) rehearsal at Oakhurst School
- Thursday 14th July 2016 (7.00 – 8.30) – Y6 & Rapport rehearsal at Commonweal School (if applies)
- Saturday 16th July 11.30am arrival for July performers for technical rehearsal
21) SUMMARY OF POSSIBLE COSTS…
- Tickets (£10, £8, £5 or £20)
- Performance fee (£7)
- T Shirt, if new one required, (£14.00 or £16.50)
- Optional purchase of raffle tickets
- Optional contribution to fundraising raffle
Let’s have an awesome time!
Lots of love
Fi & Paul
Directors, Revolution Performing Arts
Mob: 07799 691328 (Fi); Mob: 07722 054528 (Paul)