FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – RPA ANNUAL PERFORMANCES 2017 – THROUGH THE YEARS
Grab a cuppa (or a glass of wine), sit back and have a read. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. What is the title of the performance?
2. When and where the performances and technical rehearsals are?
3. Who is performing when?
4. Additional performance opportunities (parent & child, cup song)
5. Ticket information (where to buy, how much they cost, can I reserve seats, wheelchair users). Tickets can be purchased:
7. Costume requirements
8. Helpers (tech, set up and on day).
9. Is my child performing?
10. DVD’s photographs and permissions.
11. Refreshments, raffle, etc.
12. How much does it cost to perform?
13. Does my child need to bring a packed lunch?
14. Is there anything else I need to bring on the performance day?
15. My child is Year 6. Will they be doing anything additional on the performance day
16. How do I pay?
17. Where can I find the songs they need to practise?
18. Where to find further information (website, teacher, office)
19. Checklist – everything covered?
1) What is the title of the performance?
Every year we have called our performance “Be The Star That You Are” as it is an expression of Revolution Performing Arts’ ethos and reflects us entirely. However, this year we are doing something new as it is our 10th birthday. We are time travelling through our show and each class has two songs from a particular decade to perform. The performance has a decade for each of the 10 years we have been in existence.
2) When and where are the performances and technical rehearsals are?
There are TWO performances, your child will be performing in ONE of the performances. We have two performances due to the number of RPA classes. The performances are held at St Joseph’s Catholic College, Ocotal Way, Swindon, Wiltshire SN3 3LR. We choose St Joseph’s because they have a fantastic, huge stage; their lighting and sound qualities are amazing, the space is very versatile and there is ample free parking. The technical rehearsal and the performance are on the same day. Your child will be with us 9-5.30 all day. We will do the technical run first and then perform on the same day. The performance is 3.00 – 5.30 with a short interval.
How amazing are our lighting and sound production qualities? Check them out here
3) Who is performing when?
14th May 2017
Oakhurst Sapphire Stars
King William Street
Prior Park (Prep)
Prior Park (Pre prep)
Parent & Child Dance
16th July 2017
Shaw All Stars
St Francis Street Dance
St Francis Rock Stars (Weds Yrs 3-6)
4) ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES.
We will be creating and performing our parent and child dance again. The date for learning this dance will be at Oakhurst School, 11 – 4:
Sunday 7th May for our May performers
Sunday 9th July for our July performers
This is an amazing opportunity for parents and carers to perform with their child. I make the choreography very pedestrian (natural every day movement), so no-one ever feels uncomfortable or awkward. This is more of an opportunity for you to share an experience with your child and no, you don’t have to lift your child up in the choreography as we have a large age range of children performing.
5) TICKET INFORMATION AND ACCESS REQUIREMENTS
The costs will remain at £8 per child to perform and the ticket prices will be £10 per adult, £8 per older person and £5 per child. There will be a family ticket of 2 adults and up to 3 children of £25. There is plenty of access for wheelchair users
There is ample free parking.
7) COSTUME REQUIREMENTS
Costume to perform is your RPA t shirt. You can order one via our website. Please don’t attempt to make up one of your own. This is the only costume I ask you to purchase (if you don’t already have one). Your t shirt is also part of the RPA uniform and can be worn in class every week. The rest of your costume can be what ever you like on your lower half but no heels please (I don’t fancy a trip to A&E with a broken ankle!). Your RPA teacher may suggest some extra little bits and pieces to be worn that may reflect your decade, but please don’t buy anything special just make up anything from what you have at home. Please don’t leave ordering your t shirt until the last minute otherwise my poor printer will have heart failure! It will be very warm in the hall. Please bear this in mind when considering what to wear.
My lovely Rapport group (my secondary school performers) will be there to be my right hand on the day to help. We would also love and parent helpers to come and help me and you get a free ticket! Don’t worry you won’t miss your child performing.
9) IS MY CHILD PERFORMING? WHAT IF MY CHILD DOESN’T WANT TO PERFORM?
The short answer to this is yes your child is performing but we will never pressurize your child to perform. If they are not sure, it is ok for them to go along with me all the way until they actually step on stage to perform and if they decide at the very last minute not to perform, it is ok. Generally speaking, all the children want to perform. However, I offer them the get out, just in case.
What is not acceptable is if a child decides they can’t be bothered to come along on the day (unfortunately this has happened). Shyness and lack of confidence I completely embrace. Disrespect to fellow performers I do not accept.
You do need to confirm that your child is intending/wanting to perform though (asap), just so we can plan our choreography. Please confirm by paying the performance fee invoice that was sent to you.
If your child is not able to perform as they are not available that weekend, then don’t worry, they will still be fully involved in sessions. It is not a reason not to send them to our weekly sessions, please rest assured.
10) DVDs and PHOTOGRAPHS
No photographs are allowed to be taken during the performance as we have children who are protected under child protection and safeguarding services. We are not having a DVD this year as the numbers are too restrictive. Just come along and enjoy the show.
By confirming your child wants to perform, you are giving permission for them to be photographed by us this year
11) REFRESHMENTS, RAFFLE, ETC.
As in previous years, we will be holding a raffle for our charity Phoenix – Hope 4 Forgotten Futures which supports performing arts for children affected by domestic abuse at Swindon Women’s aid Refuge. If you would like to contribute to our raffle, I would be very grateful.
Also, we will be serving Cirencester’s very own, Rave coffee. They serve awesome freshly roasted coffee, yum, yum! It keeps me fuelled!
12) HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO PERFORM?
There is a cost to perform. The performance fee is £8 per child. This helps us pay for all the costs associated with our performance. I hope you will consider this excellent value for money compared to performance opportunities offered by other organisations.
13) DOES MY CHILD NEED TO BRING A PACKED LUNCH?
Yes, due to the timings of the technical rehearsals and performances, a packed lunch will be required. We will also provide plenty of biscuits and drinks to keep the children fuelled. Do let me know of any allergies.
14) IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO BRING ON THE PERFORMANCE DAY?
Yes, could you please bring a named cushion or pillow for your child to sit on and anything that makes them comfortable during the day. They can also bring something to entertain themselves for the pauses in between the technical rehearsals. Please do not bring any electronic equipment. We cannot be held responsible for any possessions brought on the day.
15) MY CHILD IS IN YEAR 6. ARE THEY DOING ANYTHING ADDITIONAL ON THE DAY?
Yes, Year 6’s have been invited to join Rapport (our secondary school performers) in a joint dance/drama/vocal piece in preparation for Year 6’s to try out/join Rapport in Year 7 (if they choose). You should have received an invitation already. If you haven’t received one, please let me know.
16) HOW DO I PAY?
To buy tickets or pay for additional performance opportunities, please click on ‘performances‘ on our website. To pay the performance fee, please pay the invoice that was sent to you.
17) WHERE CAN I FIND THE SONGS THEY NEED TO PRACTISE?
You can practise by logging onto You Tube and typing in the name of the song and the word karaoke. This should bring up the lyrics. Please use your parental discretion when on You Tube.
18) WHERE DO I FIND FURTHER INFORMATION?
19) CHECKLIST – OK, WANT TO FEEL YOU’VE COVERED EVERYTHING?…
· Have you paid your ‘performance fee’ invoice to confirm your child is performing?
· Have you diaried the performance day and time?
· Have you bought your tickets?
· Have you (very generously, if you wanted to), contributed something for the raffle?
· Do you know where St Joseph’s is?
· Do you have a RPA t shirt? Does it fit? Need to order one/new one?
· Have you packed a named cushion/pillow for the day, packed lunch and something to entertain you.
Let’s have an awesome time!
Lots of love